By Kelly Munson
For Valentines Day this year my daughter made pretty paper flowers for her classmates and a special flower mobile for her teacher. These adorable flowers could be given on any occasion to anyone. A mother, teacher, father, or friend would love to receive one of these simple flowers. They’re pretty and have a pleasing symmetry. Just a few steps are required:
1. Save up your toilet paper or paper towel rolls, ideally the same size diameter.
2. Flatten the rolls and cut into equal strips across the narrow width to make flattened rings.
3. Use a hot glue gun (best for fast drying seal and a good hold) or tape to fasten the rings together at one end.
4. Once you have 4 to 7 rings attached, you can fan them out and connect the two opposite sides to make a flower.
5. You can decorate the flower with paint or glitter and then add a piece of yarn to hang it in a beautiful spot.
You can attach more rings together to make a flower of life design or many other interesting shapes to hang on a wall or from the ceiling. So make as many as you can for some interesting decorative uses or as gifts.
For more reuse ideas for gift-giving or gatherings, visit our Trash Backwards app for innovative ideas that’ll turn your everyday stuff into useful items: