By Liesl Clark
There are some obvious reuses for chip and snack bags, like turning the silver side into wrapping paper. But our readers are looking for more. Since they can’t be recycled, except through a few specialty options like a Terracycle chip bag brigade (yet the chip bag brigades are all full), many people are looking into reuse options as well as reducing consumption of chips in a bag in the first place. This list provides you with some ideas for reuse. If you have more ideas to share with us, please include them in the comments below.
1) Make cool bike streamers from chip bags.
2) When you sew a baby toy or stuffed animal, putting a chip bag inside the ear or sail of the toy makes it crinkle, adding a little auditory stimuli for your little one.
3) You could try to make chip bag earrings like these.
4) Insta-reuse: Chip bag bowls.
5) There’s something disturbing about this shrinking chip bag experiment. It says to only use an old microwave as it may damage your good one. Proceed with serious caution.
6) Craft a beautiful silver chip bag pinata!
7 – 11) Check out these five awesome snack hacks for your curious child. You can make an instant compass or your own hydro foil! Super cool.
12) Turn your favorite chip bags into book covers to protect your journal when you’re travelling.
13) Make a no-sew chip bag tote.
12 More chip bag reuses can be found in our original post about chip bags. Don’t hesitate to check them out, they’re some of the best on the web!